SkyRadar's PSR/SSR Simulator Suite includes Pulse, CW, and FMCW radar simulators, SSR Mode A/C and S, ADS-B and more!
A set of simulators support training through the ATSEP student's learning path. The system can be used in classroom training (e.g., for instructor presentations) as well as in self-learning contexts. The system is particularly interesting for remote learning phases, e.g., during refresher phases. E.g., abnormal and emergency situations can be played through.
- Operating Modes: Pulse, CW, FMCW, SSR (Mode A/C & S),
- Scopes (enabled through FreeScopes)
- Plan-Position-Indicator (PPI)
- For secondary radar:
- Pulse Diagrams and table Sidelobe Suppression, uplink format (UF), downlink format (DF), DBS registers
- Pseudo Pilot Screens
- For primary radars:
- Amplification of raw signal (IQ signal) at receiver
- Amplification of filtered signal in the scopes
- Sensitivity Time Control (STC)
- Signal Threshold and Limiter
- Range Calibration and Extension
- Cutting out selections of the signal range
- Moving Target Detection and Indication
- and more
The simulators serve for demonstration purposes in the basic phases and helps e.g., with familiarization and configuration in later stages (e.g. emergency, when there is a system failure). During periods of on-the-job training, ATSEP personnel can access the simulators remotely as they are optimized on operations over the ANSP's intranet.
Read more about the system's technical details here.