This article introduces SkyRadar's Monitoring Training System for ATSEP. It trains ATSEP on rapidly locating errors or points of system degradation, on rapidly fixing them and keeping downtimes short.
The system includes a pedagogically enhanced monitoring environment. It connects to the various training laboratories by SkyRadar including
- the 8 GHz Training Radar, motor and server
- the Radar and Tower simulator
- simulated ATC environments
- a representative hardware infrastructure
- technical training labs, enabling to set up a monitoring system and to train error fixing
Detailed Introduction of the Monitoring System
In this laboratory, the trainees will learn the to use, apply, analyze elements of a monitoring system and the statuses. To get a deep insight and understanding, they will initially learn how to set up monitoring systems in ATC. Continuing from this knowledge, they will learn how to use monitoring systems in ATC to avoid system down-times and to achieve rapid system recovery incase of incidents. Senior trainees will be able to learn how to design internal procedures based on technical elements and their working environment.
REMOTE MONITORING TRAINING SUITE (SERVER AND SOFTWARE)
This system consists of an aviation oriented remote monitoring solution, helping to rapidly diagnose system degradations and to enable rapid recovery. It is on a rack server with sufficient power. It will then be accessible from all computers in the available laboratories for 8 GHz, electrical installations, electro-mechanics, electronics. In a small configuration, it will only be the 8 GHz radar.
The monitoring system is connected to special training infrastructure and an environment for remote monitoring experiments. The rack server and the special training infrastructure are installed in a special monitoring laboratory where students can conduct experiements.
Features of the Remote Monitoring Suite:
- monitoring availability, performance and events related to ATC subsystems and network devices (i.e. SkyRadar NextGen Radar and Motor)
- software features include:
- Configurable Monitoring Software
- Continuous (graphs over time) and discrete analytics (status indicators)
- Escalation guidance (disaster, high, average, warning,...)
- Additional simplified training set up for basic familiarization in the technical labs
- Various communication protocols including SNMP, JSON
MONITORING TRAINING ENVIRONMENT AND SERVER
This subset of the solution includes:
- training environment with typical applications and emulated data placed on a dedicated server
- Applications including:
- typical virtual applications
- typical databases
- the students can monitor the environment and learn to run through escalation routines in case of system degradation
OPTIONAL: SPECIAL PHYSICAL TRAINING INFRASTRUCTURE FOR REMOTE MONITORING EXPERIMENTS
A physical environment represents in a simplified way a typical ATC infrastructure. This subset of the laboratory shall help to gain hands-on experience in bug-discovery and fixing. It includes:
- special training infrastructure for remote monitoring experiments
- physical environment of 3 servers, applications and databases, a physical network with routers and software switches, monitoring points and emulated data.
- the teacher is able to degrade the system
OPTIONAL: CONNECTION TO TECHNICAL TRAINING LABORATORIES
The system allows to even include technical training laboratories which allow to set up training and monitoring infrastructures for
- electronics (analog, sequential, combinatory)
- analog and digital communication
Talk to our experts and discuss your training and qualification needs. We will be able to configure the right solution within your budget.