Part #: SkyRadar PSR-Pulse-Ver.4.1
The SkyRadar PSR Pulse module is part of SkyRadar’s Radar Training System. It is a technical extension of the SkyRadar PSR Module, technically generated within the systems signal generating hardware. The hardware is based on an CW radar, executable in the modes Pulsed Radar, Doppler, Constant Wave (CW) and Frequency Modulated Constant Wave (FMCW).
The Pulse Module consists of:
- One (1) License, allowing extension to the SKYRADAR PSR module.
SkyRadar PSR Pulse Hardware Features
- The following operating modes can be technically enabled in the hardware
- Pulsed radar (intra-pulse modulated, as well as classic short keyed on/off pulses)
- Constant Wave (CW)
- Frequency Modulated Constant Wave (FMCW)
- Standard: Horn Antenna
- Default operation in the k-Band. Other bands (x-band) are optionally available.
- Antennae can be exchanged in plug-and play concept; see Figure 10.
- Active radar, designed for perfectly save indoors and outside operation (transmitter output power significantly lower as such of a mobile phone, see Table 4)
- All measurements are performed in real time. No sub‐sampling or substitution techniques.
- Optimized for detection of real targets in a 3-dimensional space (see Chapter 5, including moveable targets (5.1), remote controlled vessels (5.2) or remote controlled aircrafts (5.3). No limiting target table or rail system required.
- Clutter processing
- Sensitive Time Control (STC),
- Radar Cross Section (RCS) analysis allowing for an understanding of the varying detectability of objects based on material, absolute and relative size, reflection angle, distance and strength of the signal.
- Allows analyzing performance and false alarm tolerances.
- Enabled waveguide variation.
- Possibility to add planar antennae (optional).
- Image processing:
- Powerful radar image processor, see Table 1 and Figure 10.
- Ultra High speed Signal Processing
- Adjustable decision threshold allowing for experiments on background noise.
SkyRadar PSR Pulse Software Features
- Wireless communication between Server and Radar element.
- The scopes are provided by the software SkyRadar Navigator:
- Direct representation of Transmitted and Echo Signals in the time domain.
- Plan-Position-Indicator (PPI).
- Measurement Graph (Signal and Echo Representation in the time domain).
- Spectrum (frequency – amplitude representation).
- Possibility to run experiments from the verification of the radar equation up to complex radar experiments and analysis.
- Close‐Range detection.
- Possible Signal Processing experiments (list not exhaustive)
- Exploring FSK ranging (starting at 8 km target speed)
- Measurement of I and Q signals.
- Learning Doppler basics.
- Exploring Doppler Sensors.
- Working with the complex Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) algorithm.
- Ranging of moving and stationary objects.
- Detection of direction angle of moving objects.
- Storage of signals for post processing workflows.
Contact us and ask for SkyRadar’s modular radar training system.