Both control panel and scopes show the various functions.
They vary depending on the version and configuration which you purchased.
In the control panel, you can set functions and filter values.
You can set:
- Suppress DC (eliminating the echo of the source)
- Reverse the signal (this reverses the signal, a feature that is sometimes needed in FFT)
- Set the Sensitive Time Control (STC)
- Activate the MTI
- Set and configure the CFAR (static threshold can be set in the scopes directly)
In the choice box below the scopes you find the signal conversion chain:
First you get Raw Data, then STC, then Suppress DC, then MTI, then CFAR.
You can place for instance 5 A-scopes next to each other.
- The left one shows the Raw Data
- The second shows the Suppress DC (if you activated it in the control panel)
- The third shows Suppress DC + STC (if you activated it in the control panel)
- The fourth shows Suppress DC + STC + MTI
- The last one shows Suppress DC + STC + MTI + CFAR
So the student has the possibility to compare all stages in the signal conversion chain. It show what impact each of these functions / filters has.
Playing on the settings in the control panel makes the learning experience intense.