Part #: SkyRadar PSR-Base-Ver.5.0 PDF
The base unit of the SkyRadar Modular Radar Training System provides a fully operational close range radar. Technically it is based on a pulsed noise radar. It is operatable in CW, Doppler and Pulse mode. The SkyRadarbase unit allows for experiments ranging from basic working principles like validating the radar equation to most complex radar scenarios. The system operates with the SkyRadar Scopes Software which provides many scopes (A-Scopes, B-Scopes, PPI), control interfaces and filters. The unit allows highest flexibility in the learning process, while providing high-resolution at close distance with an electro-magnetic emission of a small fraction of that of a mobile phone (see Table). For details on SkyRadar FreeScopes go here. The system comes with two horn antennae that can be plugged on the system. Other antennae types are in preparation.
The PSR Module consists of:
- one (1) mounted pair of horn antennas
- one (1) base unit, including
o one (1) digital signal processing unit (DSP)
o one (1) transceiver
o one (1) motor control unit (only activated when rotary unit is added)
- one (1) cable set.
- Computer with latest HTML5 enabled browser. Current versions of Chrome, Firefox, MS Internet explorer, Opera and Safari are able to read HTML5.
- SkyRadar FreeScopes (comes free with the SkyRadar Base Unit).
- SkyRadar Rotary Tripod
- SkyRadar Parabolic Reflector
- SkyRadar Cloud Server
- SkyRadar Target Tracker
- SkyRadar Security
- SkyRadar Target Subsystems
- SkyRadar ADS-B Experimenter
At the heart of the system, the server card controls a constant wave radar. The transmitter can emit very short pulses through the antenna and monitor the reflected pulses. The pulses are reflected of fixed objects (buildings, trees…) and moving objects (cars, people…) which pass the antenna beam. The SkyRadar Modular Radar Training System’s Base Unit provides the opportunity to study Doppler effects.
The signals are digitally processed using a Digital Signal Processor (DSP), data is depicted through the analysis and visualization software SkyRadar Scopes.
SkyRadar Base Unit Hardware Features
- Active radar, designed for perfectly save indoors and outside operation (transmitter output power significantly lower as such of a mobile phone
- The following operating modes can be technically enabled in the hardware
o Constant Wave (CW)
o Standard: Double Horn Antenna
o Default operation 24 GHz
o Antennae can be exchanged in plug-and play concept
- Powerful and fast radar image processor.
- All measurements are performed in real time. No sub‐sampling or substitution techniques.
- Optimized for detection of real targets in a 3-dimensional space within laboratories or outside , remote controlled remote controlled aircrafts. No limiting target table or rail system required.
Large variety of radar applications are possible:
- Clutter processing e.g., through Sensitive Time Control (STC),
- Radar Cross Section (RCS) analysis allowing for an understanding of the varying detectability of objects based on material, absolute and relative size, reflection angle, distance and strength of the signal.
- Allows analyzing performance and false alarm tolerances through adjustment of the sensitivity.
- Adjustable decision threshold allowing for experiments on background noise.
- And more…
|Range extension, factor||1||1||1||1|
|Carrier frequency||4 Ghz||3 Ghz||2 Ghz||1 GHz|
|Resolution||3,75 cm||5, cm||7,5 cm||15 cm|
|at a distance of||10 m||13 m||19 m||40 m|
|range extension factor up to||8||8||8||8|
|Tracking rate||8 ms||8 ms||8 ms||8 ms|
Table: Horn antenna without reflector
|Supply Current||300 mA|
|Operating Temperature||-20 … + 60 °C|
Table: General operative characteristics of the Transceiver
|Carrier Frequency||24 Ghz||24,125 GHz||24,250 Ghz|
|Transmitter Output Power:||-6dBm||-2 dBm||+2 dBm|
|Transmitter Output Power:||0,25 mW||1,58 mW*|
|Spectral Width||20 GHz||…||28 GHz|
|Spectral Density||-30 dBm||-30 dBm||-30 dBm|
|Frequency Drift vs Temperature||-0,3 Mhz / °C||-0,3 Mhz / °C||-0,3 Mhz / °C|
|Spurious emission||-30 dBm||-30 dBm||-30 dBm|
Table : Operative characteristics of the Transmitter (subsection of the Transceiver)
|Antenna Gain Horn Antenna without Parabolic Reflector||17 dBi|
|Sensitivty||– 91 dBm|
|Overall Sensitivity||-106 dBc|
Table : Operative characteristics of the Receiver (subsection of the Transceiver)
SkyRadar's base unit is a close range training and research radar for indoor and outdoor experiments, designed for ATC and military training centers as well as for universities as tool for research and education.
Brand: SkyRadar Modular Radar Training System
Model: Base Unit 5.0
Product ID: SkyRadar PSR-Base-Ver.5.0